Start and end each day with the YMCA
Have peace of mind knowing that your 4 to 12-year-old is spending their mornings and afternoons in a safe and fun environment by registering them for YMCA Before and After School Care. Our programs are designed to support what children learn during regular school hours while providing engaging activities that foster strong social skills, independence, and lifelong healthy habits. Inquire today about program spaces at your nearest Y!
Summer Club and Summer Day Camp registration now open
Located in our licensed Child Care Centres, YMCA Summer Clubs allow children to enjoy a summer filled with endless opportunities to play and learn. Kids will build physical literacy and important life skills through fun indoor and outdoor activities, such as sports, exciting field trips, group games, and more! Extended care and catered lunch options are available at select locations.
YMCA Summer Day Camps offer engaging and interactive experiences that keep kids’ minds and bodies active over the summer. From the creative arts to adventures in the natural environment, campers will participate in a wide range of activities that promote the development of new skills and life-long memories.
Child Care at the YMCA: a place to learn and grow
The YMCA is the largest not-for-profit child care provider in Canada. With more than 40 years of experience and over 290 licensed programs throughout the Greater Toronto Area, the Y offers high-quality child care programs for infants, toddlers, preschool and school aged children.
Our highly trained Registered Early Childhood Educators partner with parents to support each child’s development and provide families with the security of knowing their child is in a safe and nurturing environment during these formative years.
Choose from programs that provide a solid foundation for learning
- Infant Program (6 weeks to 18 months)
- Toddler Program (18 months to 30 months)
- Preschool Program (30 months to 3.8 Years)
- Nursery School Program (30 months to 3.8 years)
- Quality program curricula focused on providing a strong foundation for learning - Playing to Learn™ (0-6 years)
- Before and After School
- Quality program curricula focused on providing a strong foundation for learning - Playing to Learn™ (4-5 years) and A Place to Connect™ (6-12 years)
- Ontario Early Years
- Play ON
- Durham Supervised Access Program
- Family and Community Action Program
- Student Nutrition Program
New YMCA Child Care locations and programs opening soon
Now Accepting Registrations! Click the links below for details.
Child Care Centre’s Now Open
- Oshawa St. Kateri Tekakwitha YMCA Centre – Register now for infant (0 – 1.5), toddler (1.5 – 2.5 years), and preschool (2.5 – 4 years) openings
- Pickering Father Fenelon YMCA Centre – Register now for infant (0 – 1.5), toddler (1.5 – 2.5 years), and preschool (2.5 – 4 years) openings
- Bowmanville John M James YMCA Centre – Register now for preschool (2.5 – 4 years) openings