Practical guidance and support to get the right job for you.
From identifying opportunities to helping you write effective resumes and prepare for interviews, the YMCA will help find the job that’s right for you.
More resources, more opportunities, more support!
- We will work with you to identify your employment goals.
- Together we will explore current and projected market trends.
- You will get sound advice about how to identify and pursue the right opportunities.
- We will help you build a resume and cover letter, as well as prepare you for job interviews.
- Free access to computers, photocopier, printer, fax, and WiFi
If you're looking for a job, visit your local YMCA Employment and Community Centre or get started now by reviewing our job search resources.
- Etobicoke Albion Rd. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Mississauga City Centre YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- North York Dufferin St. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Pickering Kingston Rd. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Richmond Hill Bayview Ave. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Scarborough Finch Ave. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Scarborough Milner Business Crt. YMCA workshops: Calendar (PDF)
- Whitby Garden St. YMCA Centre workshops: Calendar (PDF)
Review a list of helpful links and external resources to aid you in your job search.
If you are interested in a career in the hospitality industry, the YMCA of Greater Toronto can help. We offer a unique 18-week program for people who receive social assistance. When you join our Hospitality Training Program, you will:
- Complete 96 hours of classroom training where you will learn how to build a team and basic First Aid. When you complete this course, you will receive your Communication Food Handlers Certification.
- Complete 375 hours of hands-on kitchen training where you will learn:
- Vegetable cutting
- Baking, and cooking techniques
- Attend food lab demonstrations to learn how to:
- Make soup and stock
- Cook meat and fish
- Prepare salads and dressing
- Prepare pies and cakes
To see our catering menu click here (PDF)
To learn more about YMCA Employment programs call 416-928-9622 or 1-800-223-8024 or visit your local YMCA Centre.