All campers registered to attend YMCA summer day camp at Toronto Island this summer will have a place in our day camps program. You do not need to re-register or worry – your child will have care this summer, where they can develop leadership skills, gain independence, and meet new friends.
Latest update: June 16, 2017
We are thrilled to officially announce Toronto Island Y Day Camp will be operating at Ontario Place this summer! We are grateful to the staff at Ontario Place and our partners at the TRCA for pulling together and coming up with an amazing solution to the unfortunate flooding situation on Toronto Island. We look forward to a summer of learning new skills, making new friends and creating life-long memories at “Toronto Island YMCA Day Camp @ Ontario Place”. Some spaces are still available! Learn more daycamp.ymcagta.org.
Registration is now open for Summer 2017!
We are so excited for your Camper to join us at YMCA Day Camp this summer! We have been working hard developing new programs to keep your camper active and engaged, in a safe and fun environment. Whether it is your campers first or fifth summer, we are looking forward to creating memories that will last a lifetime.
About YMCA Day Camps
Camping is for everyone, and the Y offers a variety of programs at over 50 locations to ensure we meet the needs and interests of your camper. Programs range from creative arts and cooking, film making to science programs, swimming lessons, outdoor adventure and more!
Summer Day Camp offers new experiences, skill building, a sense of community and lasting friendships — in conservation and urban settings while allowing campers to return home each evening. Busing and extended hours is available across the city to support your family's busy schedule!Day Camp eGuide
About YMCA Summer Clubs
Conveniently located in community schools across the GTA, YMCA Summer Clubs are licensed and regulated programs for kids aged 4 to 12 years old, led by Registered Early Childhood Educators. Featuring a wide range of engaging and interactive activities, Summer Clubs help children develop new skills and have fun through group games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips, and much more!Summer Club eGuide
The YMCA Day Camps difference
Busing, extended care, lunch options, and more
We strive make day camp an exceptional experience, here are a few ways we are doing this in your community:
- In partnership with the Lunch Lady, we are excited to offer a bagged lunch option at Select YMCA Day Camp Locations.
- Lunch Lady is a registered option and costs $32.50/week.
- Campers will receive a nutritious lunch each day. We ask that parents continue to pack campers AM and PM snacks to keep them fueled.
- Visit the Lunch Lady website for instruction on how to register and to view the menu!
- Does 9AM – 4PM not work for your schedule? We have extended hours locations across the GTA that may open as early as 7:00 AM and end as late as 6:00 PM. Check out locations offering extended hours in our e-Guide.
- With over 55 buses on the road each day with over 100 stops you can be sure to find a bus stop near you. To find your closest bus stop, create your own personalized e-Guide.
- At YMCA Day Camps, value beads play an important role as a sign of character and personal achievement. As a form of recognition, beads at camp promote positive behaviour, and are worn as a constant reminder of what we value as a camp community. Throughout the week, beads are awarded to individuals for demonstrating our YMCA core values of responsibility, respect, inclusiveness, caring, health and honesty, and achieving success in specific program areas. Ask your camper how they achieved their beads!
- Find out more about our value beads.
- This program is designed for campers that love the water! Campers receive a daily one-hour swimming lesson with a certified YMCA Aquatics Instructor and a one-hour recreation swim to play and practice their new swimming skills. To ensure quality instruction, campers are registered by YMCA swim level; Otter, Seal, Dolphin/Swimmer and Star 1-4. Campers will receive a report card and an award if the level is completed. Campers must be 6 years old by the start of the program.
- Click here to learn what swim level your camper belongs in.
YMCA Day Camp Locations
We offer 65 exciting Day Camp programs at 51 locations across the GTA.
Toronto Region Day CampsDay Camp Guide
York Region Day CampsDay Camp Guide
Peel Region Day CampsDay Camp Guide
Halton Region Day Camps
|Acton Park Avenue Y Day Camp||Milton Hitherfield Y Day Camp|
|Georgetown Silver Creek Y Day Camp||Milton Kelso Y Day Camp|
|Milton E.C. Drury Y Day Camp|
Additional Summer Options:
Conveniently located in community schools across the GTA, YMCA Summer Clubs are licensed and regulated programs that offer kids aged 4 to 12 years old a way to stay active, build friendships, and have new and exciting learning experiences. The programs are led by Registered Early Childhood Educators and provide a wide range of engaging and interactive activities where children will develop new skills and have fun through group games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips, and much more! View the Summer Club eguide to explore the variety of club options available.
New for the 2017 summer season, kids at select Summer Club locations can enjoy nutritious and delicious lunches prepared by Real Food for Real Kids. Learn more about the LunchBoxes program and how to place your order by visiting the Real Food for Real Kids website.
- Summer 2017 dates: July 4-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28; July 31 - August 4; August 8-11, 14-18, 21-25; August 28 - September 1
- The program day runs from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm each day with extended after care available to 5:30. Lunch and snacks are provided. Day camp does not run on Holiday Mondays.
- How to Register
- Available to families with children or youth who require additional support while in camp programming. We do our best to ensure that every child is placed in a camp that best supports their needs. Some sites are not fully accessible.
- Spaces are first come first serve and our Integration Coordinator works closely with your family to review your child’s needs.
- The YMCA may decline applications based on the level of training and/or expertise required to support the camper safely. The camper must not pose health risks to themselves or others, the camp setting must be suitable for the campers needs, and support staff and campers must not be put at risk due to undisclosed behaviors.
- Families will be required to pay the fee of the program they wish for their camper to participate, in addition to the Integration Support Fee priced at $305 per week
- To register, please complete the online Inquiry Form