Skilled instructors, great facilities, and diverse programs
Our flexible, customized approach to aquatics means that there’s something for everyone, from those learning to take their first strokes to hard-core water fitness enthusiasts.
YMCA swim lessons
We teach more than just basic swim skills. With guidance from our expert instructors, your child will learn about water safety, build confidence, and tackle new challenges by changing levels as soon as they’re ready.
Our aquatics programs:
- For families to enjoy recreational activities in the water.
- Training pool depth is shallow to accommodate smaller children.
- Open to all ages.
- For those who want to swim continuous lengths.
- When possible, lanes are designated for swimming at various speeds (slow, medium and fast).
- For families and individuals to enjoy recreational activities in the water.
- Recreational area may have shallow and deep water.
- A non-competitive swim program that includes interval training, endurance and stroke correction.
- A great opportunity to introduce young children to a recreational pool environment.
- For parents and children under 5 years of age.
- With the aid of a water belt, you will run in deep water for a cardio workout.
- Might be instructor led, and you must be comfortable in deep water.
- Y Knot Abilities Programs are created for children & youth with physical disabilities and their able-bodied siblings.
- Through pool-based activities, participants learn how focus on their abilities while developing strength, independence and confidence.
- The Y Knot Abilities Programs are a place to meet friends and have fun. It’s a place where they belong.
Most YMCA swim programs are included in your YMCA Membership Fee when you add on the registered program option. If you are a member, register for swimming lessons by calling 1-800-223-8024 or signing up in person at your YMCA Centre.