More programs and services for people of all ages.
This 62,000 sq ft YMCA Centre of Community will enable us to provide a much larger program offering to better serve the needs of the surrounding community.
Located near Kingston Road and Victoria Park Avenue, the existing building will be demolished a mixed-use development at the same location will be built in its place. The state-of-the-art YMCA will be located on the ground floor and minus-one level of a seven-story building, with residential units above. We have already started to examine the specific programming needs of this neighbourhood through a community engagement process that connects with the local residents.
Statistics show that this neighbourhood has high rates of youth unemployment and inactivity. The new Kingston Road YMCA will offer programs and services to help combat these issues and provide opportunities for growth and community involvement.
Snapshot of the neighbourhood:
- 36% have a weak sense of community belonging
- 17.5% of youth are unemployed
- 53% of people are physically inactive
- It's official! We have broken ground at the new Kingston Road YMCA. Learn more.
- Learn more about our plans for the Kingston Road community, and the GTA, in the Toronto Star.
- Centre opening targeted for 2018