Outdoor Education Volunteer
Open - Apply Now!
Posted Date: August 30, 2017
|Time CommitmentMinimum two weeks|
|Location(s)YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre, YMCA Camp Pine Crest|
YMCA Cedar Glen and Pine Crest are year round Outdoor Education facilities, providing youth and adult programming and summer camps. Volunteers are an asset to our facility – assisting with daily routines and programming; as well as maintaining a clean, safe, FUN and organized atmosphere.
- Set up and take down of programs and program areas.
- Overall supervision of outdoor education groups.
- The facilitation of programs
- Minimum age 17.
- Successful applicants to this role will need to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening from their local police service before their first day of volunteering and every three years on the anniversary of their first day of volunteering.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Responsibility, reliability and commitment to their role.
- Experience in outdoor education/leadership role an asset.
- First Aid an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
- Gain experience in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
- Be a part of the YMCA and promote the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values.
- Gain experience working within a multi-service charitable organization.
- Work in a natural setting.
- Gain experience in program delivery.
How to apply
Complete the online volunteer application. You will need to provide the position title and location information of this position during step 3 of the application.
Looking for a Different Role?
Check out the full list of our volunteer opportunities.
Why Volunteer for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great place to volunteer through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all volunteers. The YMCA provides thousands of volunteers with meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Volunteers ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs. Volunteers commit to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan, Strong Start Great Future, calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy, and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come.