Job Developer Assistant
Open - Apply Now!
Posted Date: April 04, 2017
|Time CommitmentMinimum one hour per week for three months.|
|Location(s)Etobicoke Albion RD YMCA, Richmond Hill Bayview Avenue YMCA Centre, Pickering Kingston Rd YMCA|
YMCA Employment Resource Centres offer a variety of services to help youth and adults gain employment. Job seekers can benefit from our free employment programs and resources, attend free workshops and get one-on-one personalized support from our professional staff.
- Coordinate and conduct marketing strategies and outreach activities to local employers, community agencies, non-profit associations and other organizations to generate awareness about YMCA employment services and programs.
- Develop relationships with employers and other key stakeholders in a variety of industries and sectors to ensure successful job development for members.
- Discover opportunities in the hidden job market to assist members to find openings that reflect their individual skills and abilities.
- Keep abreast with current market trends and opportunities to penetrate new markets and sectors utilizing a marketing approach to develop new business.
- Complete reports and documentation as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Assist the Job Developer in all areas of marketing activities which include outreach creating marketing packages, developing marketing plans, cold calling, helping with employer newsletters and job fairs.
- Minimum age 18.
- Successful applicants to this role will need to provide a Police Reference Check from their local police service before their first day of volunteering and every three years on the anniversary of their first day of volunteering.
- Strong communication “Out of the box” thinker with a strategic mind-set.
- Passion and interest in the areas of Marking, Sales and Human Resources and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to relate with diverse clientele.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; be sensitive to member needs.
- Good knowledge of computer skills and office equipment.
- Acceptance and adherence to YMCA values and local centre’s policies and procedures.
- Educational background in Marketing or related field an asset, but not required.
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills with members and staff as well as meet new people.
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people from all walks of life.
- Gain valuable Canadian experience.
- Be a part of the YMCA team and promote the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values.
How to apply
Complete the online volunteer application. You will need to provide the position title and location information of this position during step 3 of the application.
Looking for a Different Role?
Check out the full list of our volunteer opportunities.
Why Volunteer for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great place to volunteer through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all volunteers. The YMCA provides thousands of volunteers with meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Volunteers ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs. Volunteers commit to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan, Strong Start Great Future, calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy, and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come.