Graphic Design Assistant
Open - Apply Now!
Posted Date: June 28, 2017
|Time Commitment12 week placement (schedule to be determined on an individual basis)|
|Location(s)Toronto Yonge St. North YMCA Centre (2200 Yonge St., Unit 300, Toronto)|
The YMCA Marketing and Communications team takes a strategic approach to marketing, advertising, design, digital, public and media relations, and internal communications. They promote and protect the YMCA brand and work closely across the Association to communicate our mission, vision and values to all audiences.
- Experienced communications specialist having a specific interest and competency in graphic design, photography editing and marketing & promotions.
- Supports Graphic Design staff in developing marketing collateral and branded templates in MS Word.
- Compile, retouch and organize photos for YMCA photo library
- Review collateral from YMCA program departments to ensure compliance and alignment with YMCA brand guidelines
- Recommend cost-effective printing process and materials such as paper stock options, finishes, bindings to keep within budgeted costs and lead times.
- Ability to work with various suppliers, offering excellent customer service and managing projects to be on time and within budget
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Formal educational background in graphic design and layout combined with outstanding general communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using design software Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong proficiency in Mac environment, MS Office Suite, Social Media platforms
- Knowledge of web-based software is an asset.
- Can-do attitude, self-driven and proactive
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Successful applicants to this role will need to provide a Police Reference Check from their local police service before their first day of volunteering and every three years on the anniversary of their first day of volunteering
- Gain experience and connections in media, marketing, and public relations.
- Gain experience working within a multi-service, charitable organization.
- Contribute to the healthy development of local communities.
How to apply
Complete the online volunteer application. You will need to provide the position title and location information of this position during step 3 of the application.
Looking for a Different Role?
Check out the full list of our volunteer opportunities.
Why Volunteer for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great place to volunteer through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all volunteers. The YMCA provides thousands of volunteers with meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Volunteers ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA program. Volunteers commit to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth and vulnerable people. Volunteers understand the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan, Strong Start Great Future, calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy, and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come.