Part Time Hourly Contract
Posted date: September 15, 2016
|Position vacancy Closing date: September 28, 2016|
|Employment TypePart Time|
|Reports toCustomer Service Director|
|Location / RegionCedar Glen YMCA Outdoor Centre, Schomberg, ON|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The YMCA believes in strong kids, and every kid comes home from camp more confident, more responsible and more caring. For kids aged five to fifteen, the YMCA has a camp suited to meet their needs and expectations. At YMCA Summer Camps, we strive to offer the highest quality programs for children and youth through a variety of safe and fun activities supervised by qualified and energetic staff. All camping programs at YMCA promote personal growth and development with a focus on the YMCA core values of respect, responsibility, inclusiveness, caring, honesty, and health.
YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre is a 263 acre site that has three significant program focuses: summer camp programs, year round outdoor education programs, and year round leadership training programs.
The Housekeeper is responsible for: light to heavy duty cleaning of all buildings including meeting rooms, washrooms, guest rooms, corridors and staff areas, and laundry. Reporting all maintenance requirements and supporting Maintenance Staff in maintaining all cleaning equipment is also required.
- Follows daily booking checklist to ensure all guest rooms are prepared for arrival time including: cleaning ensuite washrooms, mopping floor and changing towels, dusting and vacuuming bedroom, stripping and making beds.
- Performs laundry related duties including: collecting guest bedding and towels, table linens, loading and unloading washing machine and dryer. Folding and restocking all laundry.
- Cleaning of all meeting rooms, corridors and staff areas including wiping surfaces, dusting, vacuuming of carpets and upholstery, and mopping floors. Removing and disposing of all garbage.
- Cleaning of all public washrooms including sinks, toilets, counter tops, mirrors and mopping floors. Restocking all toiletries and paper products. Removing and disposing of all garbage.
- Conducts scheduled project cleaning including: cleaning inside windows, carpet cleaning, heavy laundry (i.e. bedspreads, curtains, etc.), cleaning walls/ceilings.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in an industrial/commercial cleaning environment including using cleaning/laundry equipment and chemicals
- Experience working in a customer service environment (e.g. hotel, nursing home, office building, school, etc.)
- Knowledge of WHMIS
- Demonstrated skills: working with reduced supervision, working as a member of a team to prioritize and complete tasks
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Physical ability to conduct light to heavy duty cleaning including lifting
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Ethics and Self-Management; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion
How to apply
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
job posting #801 by Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to:
Customer Service Director
Cedar Glen YMCA Outdoor Centre
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org