Full Time Salaried Contract
Posted date: September 14, 2016
|Position vacancy Closing date: September 28, 2016|
|Employment TypeFull Time|
|PayStarting Salary: $33,445|
|EffectiveOctober, 2016 – March, 2017|
|Reports toEmployment Programs Director|
|Location / RegionMississauga City Centre Drive YMCA Centre|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. The Peel Employment & Community Services is a part of YMCA Employment and Community Programs which provide a variety of employment and counselling programs to youth and adults throughout the GTA. The members we serve are unemployed youth, youth in transition from school to work, youth having multiple barriers to employment.
The Administrative Agent provides a combination of reception, clerical and delivery support to our employment programs.
- Extensive data entry into Ministry database and YMCA database. Checking for accuracy and data integrity.
- Manages inbound telephone inquiries and walk-in traffic.
- Provides information and referral services to meet customer needs, handles inquiries regarding the YMCA and local community programs and services.
- Provides outbound telephone services such as liaising with employers and participants, gathering information and tracking outcomes; maximizing the service opportunities of every call.
- Maintains complete files and data management system.
- Maintains accurate activity records and participant information and compiles regular statistical reports for the Program, Association and Funders.
- Assists with administrative procedures such as mailing, filing, month end JV’s and typing correspondence as required.
- Bank deposits and petty cash reconciliation.
- Represents and communicates the YMCA of Greater Toronto's philosophy to the community and families.
- Models appropriate behaviours to staff in line with our Mission, Vision and Values; establishes rapport and maintains effective relationship building behaviours with staff and members. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understands and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism and imparts this knowledge and belief upon staff, volunteers and members.
- Other related duties as required
- Completion of a Community College Diploma preferred coupled with a minimum of two years related experience
- Must have advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point; Outlook
- Organized and detail-oriented/Familiar with professional office systems and procedures
- Motivated, positive individual who enjoys the challenge of a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Oral and written communication skills in both English and French is an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers; excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned schedules, including evenings and weekends
- Access to a motor vehicle an asset, as there is some travel between sites
- Ability to work in an efficient manner independently and as part of a team
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: Advanced competence in: relationship building and partnering, Fundamental competence in Effective interpersonal communications; ethics & self-management, being member focused; in being results focused, teamwork and collaboration; in diversity and social inclusion
How to apply
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
job posting #804 by Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to:
Mississauga Employment Centre
151 City Centre Drive Suite 800
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 1M7
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org