Maintenance Team Member
Seasonal Contract - Spring Season
Posted date: November 25, 2016
|Position vacancy Closing date: December 09, 2016|
|EffectiveApril 24, 2017|
|HoursFlexibility regarding assigned working hours, including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays required|
|Reports toMaintenance Supervisor|
|Location / RegionYMCA Camp Pine Crest, Torrance, ON|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
YMCA Camping and Outdoor Education programs offer the highest quality programs for children, youth, and adults through a variety of safe and fun activities supervised by qualified and energetic staff. All our camping and outdoor education programs promote personal growth and development with a focus on the YMCA core values of respect, responsibility, inclusiveness, caring, honesty, and health.
YMCA Camp Pine Crest is located in Muskoka, Ontario. It is a year round operating facility with a large traditional summer camp program, growing Winter programs and busy Spring and Fall Outdoor Centre seasons.
Maintenance staff assist the Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Maintenance Supervisor in keeping the site in good repair. Responsibilities include light construction, building repair, landscaping, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, and painting. These staff are also responsible for regular cleaning of all general use areas of camp, including the dining room, washrooms, and shower facilities. The maintenance staff are supported and supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Room and board provided for the duration of the contract.
- Continuously builds relationships with members, staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Assists with general maintenance and cleanliness of site and provides support with other duties as required.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in maintenance/housekeeping role is an asset
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently to achieve optimal collective results
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” required
- WHMIS and related health and safety training is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays required
- The position requires the following Association Competencies fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communication; Ethics and Self- Management; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Diversity and Social Inclusion
How to apply
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
job posting #1034 by Friday, December 9, 2016 to:
YMCA Camp Pine Crest
1090 Gullwing Lake Road
Torrance, Ontario, P0C 1M0
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org