Full Time Salaried Contract
Posted date: November 22, 2016
|Position vacancy Closing date: December 05, 2016|
|Employment TypeFull Time|
|PayStarting Salary: $29,172|
|EffectiveDecember, 2016 – March 31, 2017|
|Reports toEmployment Program Director|
|Location / RegionMississauga City Centre Drive YMCA Centre|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The Mississauga City Centre YMCA Centre is a part of YMCA Employment and Community Programs which provide a variety of employment and counselling programs to youth and adults throughout the GTA. The members we serve are unemployed youth, youth in transition from school to work, youth having multiple barriers to employment. The mandate of our programs is to provide learning opportunities, employment-related job search skills, and life-skills to unemployed adults and youth.
The Administrative Representative is part of a diverse team helping individuals receive needs assessments and referral services to aid in their employment goals. The Administrative Representative welcomes and provides excellent customer service to clients. The position requires administrative support including booking client appointments, providing general clerical support, and supporting senior staff with statistical reports.
- Greets members with a warm and welcoming approach, assists them with the intake process.
- Answers telephone inquiries and directs incoming calls appropriately.
- Provides members with an orientation to all services available at the Centre.
- Performs data retrieval, ensuring the data is complete and accurate; provides support in program statistical
reports if necessary.
- Assists in verifying eligibility for assisted services vs resource and information services.
- Manages appointment schedule and communicates client arrivals with counseling teams.
- Performs various administrative support duties such as keeping inventory of office supplies; mailing, courier, faxing and photocopying as required.
- Provides support to Volunteer Development.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of some post-secondary courses in related field
- Previous administrative/clerical work experience or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of community information resources an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Proficient with personal computer applications, e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet search engines
- Flexibility regarding assigned locations and working hours able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to communicate in another language is an asset
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: superior competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communication; advanced competence in: Ethics and Self-Management; being Member Focused; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion; fundamental competence in: Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration
How to apply
Please send résumé and cover letter quoting
job posting #1017 by Monday, December 5, 2016 to:
151 City Centre Drive Suite 800
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 1M7
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org