Programs Representative Recreational Programs - Soccer
Part Time Hourly Contract
Posted date: November 30, 2016
|Position vacancy Closing date: December 14, 2016|
|Employment TypePart Time|
|Reports toHealth & Fitness Programs Supervisor|
|Location / RegionToronto Central Grosvenor St. YMCA Centre|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. The Toronto Central Grosvenor St. YMCA Centre is one of nine full service health and fitness centres across the Greater Toronto area. The Centre provides a full range of services and community programs to more than 10,000 members, including children, youth and adults, who represent the diversity of Toronto and its communities.
The Program Representative Recreational Programs ensures that members have a positive experience leading to personal growth through fun and rewarding recreation and sport programs. The position also ensures these experiences promote the YMCA core values of inclusiveness, health, responsibility, respect, caring and honesty.
- Provides direct delivery of soccer recreational leagues and/or youth room programs with a focus on building and facilitating member relationships.
- Ensures outstanding programs and service are provided in a warm, friendly, clean, and safe environment.
- Manages game play through assignment of players to teams and effectively rotating players based on excepted practices, ensuring rules are adhered to, keeping score and managing conflict as required.
- Delivers programs in a manner in which the mission, values, goals and practices of the YMCA of Greater Toronto are being met, while building positive relationships.
- Monitors the safety of all activities and programs throughout the duty period and responds immediately to rectify any safety concerns.
- Continuously builds relationships with members, staff, volunteers and community partners; assists in coaching and developing community members on an ongoing basis; ensuring skills are enhanced and weaknesses diminished.
- Actively participates in scheduled programs, meetings and special events.
- In collaboration with individual program members, program volunteers and YMCA program staff, assists and encourages program members to access additional appropriate programs offered at this location.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with staff, volunteers and members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background in soccer and/or recreational leagues
- Demonstrated interest and experience in a recreational sports setting
- NCCP Coaching Certification an asset
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR an asset
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Flexibility regarding assigned work schedules, including weekday afternoons, evenings and weekends
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion Ethics and Self-Management; Teamwork and Collaboration.
How to apply
Please send résumé and cover letter quoting
job posting #1051 by December 14, 2016 to:
Health Programs Supervisor
Toronto Central Grosvenor St. YMCA Centre
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org