Technical Analyst II
Salaried Full Time Contract - 12 Months
Posted date: February 08, 2018
|Position vacancy Closing date: February 24, 2018|
|Employment TypeFull Time|
|HoursOn-call availability to support business systems, database, Web and Internet services on a scheduled rotation|
|Reports toManager, IT Infrastructure|
|Location / Region2200 Yonge Street YMCA Centre, Toronto|
|Application DeadlineFebruary 24, 2018|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
As part of the IT technical support team, the Technical Analyst II works with Support Services and YMCA users in understanding various business requirements and translating them into smart technology solutions; implementing new, highly customized systems and processes, resolving support incidents where possible or escalating to 3rd party support when required; providing system data in various formats to YMCA and 3rd party users; developing documentation and delivering training for end users; testing new system releases and assisting in system and process upgrades; ensures that integration between systems is maintained and developed to fullest potential.
The Technical Analyst II demonstrates initiative and self-awareness, as individual and team work orientation are essential qualities for this position. This role works with a variety of people from various program areas who require an understanding of how technology can help them improve lives. As an incumbent, this position interacts with multiple people day to day and helps them overcome their technical challenges.
- Communicate, facilitate “helpdesk” support for all information technology related queries and problems including hardware and software related issues and provide a high level of service responsive to user needs; troubleshoots problems with network, user, hardware and/or software and selects and implements appropriate action; provides instruction to staff when new acquisitions, upgrades or changes are made. Provide after office hours emergency support on a rotation basis.
- Provide administration support for servers, databases, and related infrastructure and equipment.Ensure availability of services as well as managing upgrades, patches, virus protection, network access and account management.
- Assist in the implementation of new infrastructure projects by providing technical expertise and support to IT team members and fellow colleagues.
- Ensure data and security related to corporate data including backup, recovery, formulation of disaster recovery plans, periodic testing, verification and confirming controls are in place and effective.Ensure ongoing systems integrity and security related to virus protection, network access, network stability, email, internet access and stakeholder sensitivity.
- Ensure IT policies and procedures documentation including operations procedures, database procedures, IT infrastructure hardware asset inventory, and security policies are documented and remain up-to-date and readily accessible to relevant staff.Ensure that the team is aware of changes, and procedures on how to manage those changes.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs. Commits to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting corporate wide IT infrastructure systems and services
- Minimum technical certification MCSA; MCSE preferred
- A computer science or related degree preferred
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the following technologies:
- Server Applications including MS SQL, SharePoint, Office 365, Patch Management, Terminal Services, Citrix, VMWare,
- Windows Operating Systems: Server 2003, 2008, 2013, 7, 8.1
- Server Administration/Technologies including: Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, SAN/NAS
- Network Technologies/Protocols/Security including Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPSEC, 802.11g/n, wireless, cabling, Cloud (SaaS, IaaS)
- Enpoint Security
- Incident and Asset Management software – LANDesk and Track-IT
- Project management and ability to think, plan, execute and relay information to team members is required.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Highly organized with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort; lifting up to 40 lbs and to stand/sit for long periods of time
- On-call availability to support business systems, database, Web and Internet services, on a scheduled rotation
- The position requires the following Association Competencies:advanced competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; fundamental competence in: Ethics and Self-Management; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Provide us with information in the form below
All fields are required unless marked optional.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org