Front Desk Host
Part Time Hourly Contract
Posted date: February 02, 2018
|Position vacancy Closing date: March 02, 2018|
|Employment TypePart Time|
|PayStarting Rate: $14.33/hour|
|HoursAvailable to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends|
|Reports toCustomer Service Director|
|Location / RegionYMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre, Schomberg, ON|
|Application DeadlineMarch 02, 2018|
Why Work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The YMCA believes in strong kids, and every kid comes home from camp more confident, more responsible and more caring. For kids aged five to fifteen, the YMCA has a camp suited to meet their needs and expectations. At YMCA Summer Camps, we strive to offer the highest quality programs for children and youth through a variety of safe and fun activities supervised by qualified and energetic staff. All camping programs at YMCA promote personal growth and development with a focus on the YMCA core values of respect, responsibility, inclusiveness, caring, honesty, and health.
YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre is a 263 acre site that has three significant program focuses: summer camp programs, year round outdoor education programs, and year round leadership training programs.
The Front Desk Host is responsible for guest arrivals/check-in, departures/check-out, all in person and telephone inquiries and closing procedures. In addition to the welcome function, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Food Services staff in dining room set-up/restocking, serving snacks/meals and dishwashing. The Front Desk Host is responsible for light cleaning duties including: washrooms and meeting rooms spot cleaning/restocking.
- Answers all in person and telephone inquiries from guests and fulfills all requests as able including and checking in with groups before end of shift. Available to guests for the entire shift and posts signage to indicate location if they are away from the desk. Checks in with guests at meeting breaks, meals, and the end of the shift.
- Supports the Food Services staff including: changing table linens before and after meals, setting tables, spot cleaning and restocking of food/beverage service stations, and serving snacks/meals, restocking food, clearing dishes, dishwashing and putting away dishes as required by guests.
- Completes light cleaning duties includes: spot cleaning in washrooms and meeting rooms, restocking paper products, training materials (i.e. markers, flipcharts, and first aid supplies, clearing meeting room tables of dishes, trash, and sweeping/mopping/vacuuming.
- Responsible for guest arrivals including: collecting payment for the group, distributing room keys, collecting the room assignment, and completing a large group welcome including introduction and relevant information pertinent to the guests’ stay at Cedar Glen.
- Responsible for guest departures including: collecting all room keys, closing windows, locking doors and turning off lights in all rooms utilized.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Experience working in customer service environment
- Demonstrated skills: working with reduced supervision, working as a member of a team to prioritize and complete tasks
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: advanced competence in: being Member Focused; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Ethics and Self-Management; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Provide us with information in the form below
All fields are required unless marked optional.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plan Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org