Flexible timings and great activities led by motivated experts.
The YMCA’s wide range of sports and recreational programs promote healthy and active lifestyles that teach you new skills, help get you fit and maximize the fun factor!
Do fitness your way at the Y!
- Choose from a wide range of sports and recreation programs run by motivated professionals.
- Wide variety of both organized sports teams and leagues, group classes and open access times for drop-in.
- Train to become a fitness leader or just improve your individual skills.
- Our child minding program will look after your kids while you work out.
- Affordable membership fees and great facilities.
Programs geared towards building health.
Programs offered at all our centres
- Family Gym
- An opportunity for families to get involved in physical activity together with the support of YMCA staff and volunteers.
- This interactive gym program introduces our youngest members to fitness and helps establish a foundation for active living. A parent/guardian over the age of 16 years must be present and is encouraged to participate.
- Group fitness and conditioning exercises designed to help children stay active and improve fitness levels.
- A variety of activities are included in each session.
- Sports & Games
- Participants will love our sports and games program, where they have the opportunity to play all of their favourite sports.
- This program offers variety and choice while encouraging team building and individual skill development.
YMCA Sports programs promote and encourage participation, regardless of ability level, and allow participants to develop skills in the sports of their choice.
- Programs are drop-in unless otherwise indicated. Sports offered may vary by centre and age group. Sports can include: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Badminton, Floor Hockey, Flag Football, Futsal, Table Tennis, Squash and Pickleball.
- Instructional: Learn the fundamentals and practice with staff that lead participants through progressions and activities designed to improve sports skills and game play.
- Tournaments and Leagues: For participants looking for an organized sports competition experience. Game schedule depends on number of participants/teams entered. Leagues occur over a number of weeks and tournaments in a single day. For team sports, participants may register individually and be placed on a team or a whole team can enter. Entry fee applies.
The YMCA offers martial arts experiences to members ages 6 and up. Programs are designed to encourage skill development and help build fitness levels as well as self-confidence. Martial Arts programs offered vary by centre and age group. Registration is required for most of these programs.
- Karate: Karate is a Japanese style martial art. It builds discipline, core stability, agility, balance, flexibility, endurance and power as a result of learning a moving art form. Through karate you can attain self-confidence, personal development, physical fitness, self-defence skills and traditional martial arts skills. Karate combines the use of powerful punches, kicks and defensive techniques learned while doing fundamentals, kata technique and sparring.
- Tae Kwon Do: This Korean art form focuses on the conditioning of the body with emphasis on flexibility that enables the student to learn and develop the Tae Kwon Do fighting system. Students will learn hand and foot techniques along with patterns, self-defence and sparring.
- Tai Chi: A form of martial arts that involves smooth motions in sequence. Tai Chi improves flexibility, balance, strength, coordination and mental concentration.
- mYfitness: This service is for those new to exercising or coming back after a few false starts. mYfitness provides the personal attention, flexibility and focus to get you on the road to a lifetime fitness habit. Working with our professional staff, we will help you develop an exercise program that suits your health and fitness needs. Included in membership.
- Personal Training: Work with a certified fitness professional to help meet your goals. Our Personal Trainers will help you stay motivated, ensure proper technique and help you build an exercise program that meets your individual needs. Additional fees apply.
- Running Club: Whether you are a beginner or an experienced runner, you can join a group and hit the streets for a great workout and companionship.
- Adult Social: A time for adults to connect with one another. This peer-lead program provides an opportunity for people to meet and socialize after a fitness class or a game of pickleball.
- Homework Club: For students of all ages - a great time to get homework done with help available if you need it.
Local programs offered at select centres
Each YMCA centre is a little different, just like the communities they serve. And depending upon local needs and wants, each Y offers a wide range of customized programs designed to help community members stay active and healthy. Check out your local Health & Fitness program schedule to see the wide variety of local programs offered at your centre.
- Squash: Grab your racquet and come hone your skills on the squash court. Or learn how to play racquetball or handball. This is your best chance to get your mind and body into shape!
- Please note only our Toronto West End College St., Toronto Central Grosvenor Ave., and Toronto Sheppard Ave. Centres have courts.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities
Jays Care Rookie League