YMCA Health & Fitness Terms and Conditions
As a YMCA member I understand and agree:
- A YMCA membership is not transferable and I will not loan my membership card to another individual.
- I will notify the YMCA of any change in my mailing address or other contact information.
- Cancellation policy: A membership can be cancelled at any time, and must be requested in person to the YMCA of Greater Toronto at least 10 days before next payment date. Please note we are unable to accept cancellation by phone. Cancellations will not be backdated. No refund shall be issued on monthly payments. The membership card must be returned to the YMCA upon membership cancellation.
- The onus is on the account holder to ensure the monthly deductions have been discontinued.
- Holds may be placed on memberships for continuous families or individuals 16 years and over who will be temporarily absent from the YMCA for a period of 2-12 months by coming in person to the YMCA to initiate. We are unable to accept holds by phone. Please note that published rates at time of re-activation will apply.
- Joining fees are non-refundable, unless membership cancellation is within 10 days of purchase date.
- The YMCA is unable to accept responsibility for lost or stolen items on YMCA premises.
- The YMCA reserves the right to terminate membership privileges, without refund, for an account overdue more than 60 days, or for failure to comply with terms and conditions including the Etiquette Statement (below).
- I may revoke my authorization at any time, subject to providing notice of 15 days. To obtain a sample cancellation form, or for more information on my right to cancel a PAD Agreement, I may contact my financial institution, or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
- I have certain recourse rights, if any debit does not comply with this agreement. For example, I have the right to receive reimbursement for any debit that is not authorized or is not consistent with this PAD Agreement. To obtain more information on my recourse rights, I may contact my financial institution, or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
The YMCA is your partner in achieving an enhanced quality of life through a healthier spirit, mind and body. Our YMCA commitment to proper maintenance and upkeep of our buildings and equipment is an important part of ensuring a safe environment for all to enjoy. This may result in temporary interruptions in service or access to specific areas or equipment within the facility, such as the pool. Membership fee adjustment(s) shall not apply due to maintenance, repair or refurbishment by the YMCA. In the event a primary facility is temporarily unavailable, members have the option of using any other YMCA Health and Fitness facility operated by the YMCA of Greater Toronto.
While YMCA staff and instructors make every reasonable effort to minimize exposure to known risks, the YMCA recommends that you consult with your physician before participating in any YMCA program, and/or using any YMCA fitness equipment or facilities. Neither the YMCA nor its staff, instructors or volunteers are licensed medical care providers and have no expertise in determining the effect of any specific program such as an exercise program, or equipment on a medical condition. You understand and agree that in registering for a YMCA program and/or using any YMCA fitness equipment or facilities, you may be involved in physical activity and that with any physical activity there is a risk of injury. By participating in YMCA programs and/or using any YMCA fitness equipment or facilities, you agree that you are participating voluntarily and do so at your own risk and you agree to fully release the YMCA and its officers, directors, agents, staff, instructors and volunteers from all claims or lawsuits for any injuries, death, property damage or theft, losses, or any other liability of any kind, arising directly or indirectly out of your participation in YMCA programs and/or use of any YMCA fitness equipment or facilities.