Toronto Cooper Koo Family Cherry St YMCA Centre
461 Cherry Street
Toronto, ON M5A 0H7
- Monday6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Tuesday6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Wednesday6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Thursday6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Friday6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Saturday7:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Sunday7:00 AM to 11:00 PM
(Program Hours may vary)
Sweat For Good
By choosing to work out at the Y, you’re choosing to be part of a movement that’s creating a healthy, vibrant future for every individual in our community, and for the Greater Toronto Area as a whole.
Break a sweat with us to show your support for charitable community building today!
Learn more about our Sweat For Good campaign and how we're making a difference across the GTA.Learn More
Programs Available at this Centre
Located in the heart of the quickly growing Canary District, our newest Centre of Community is an 82,000 square foot, fully accessible facility. It features something for everyone, including two pools, an indoor track and gymnasium, weight room, cardio machines, green roof, kids’ play structure, cycling studio, functional fitness training space, and more.
Check out our schedule to see all the aquatics programs, sports and rec activities, group fitness classes, and family-friendly fun we run every day:
Hours of Operation
Weekdays: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
Weekends: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Stop by for a free tour!
This legacy building from the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games was developed in partnership with Waterfront Toronto, Infrastructure Ontario, and the Province of Ontario. As the newest YMCA in the GTA, we provide programs, amenities, and services designed to support healthy living for people of all ages and abilities. Drop by to see our:
- 2-quad gymnasium
- Studios for dance, yoga, and group fitness classes
- Child and family play areas
- Conditioning and weight rooms
- 25 metre lap and recreation pool
- Indoor walking/running track
- CycleFit studio
- Youth Zone
- 30,000 square foot Green Roof
- On-site child minding facilities where carefully trained staff and volunteers care for your kids while you work out
- Separate Men’s, Women’s, and Family change rooms
- Men’s and Women’s Plus membership spaces with separate whirlpools, steam rooms, and lounges, as well as complimentary towel service and tea/coffee.
- Recreational family-friendly aquatic activities
- Lane swim time and swim lessons
- Instructional sports, dance, and martial arts classes for kids
- Group fitness classes including yoga, Bootcamp and CycleFit
- Sports and rec activities
- Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Complimentary mYfitness assessment
- Teen Night
Learn more about:
Day Camp Programs
Located in the Cooper Koo Cherry Street YMCA, camp programs will make the most out of the 82, 000 sq. ft. facility including the gymnasium, the accessible green roof, and multiple program studios.
Campers will also have the opportunity for recreational swimming three times a week in the same pool Pan-Am Athletes trained in! Extended Hours are available on-site from 7:30am and until 6:00pm for an additional fee of $15/week AM, $25/week for PM or $40 for both.
Day Camp programs Include:
- Build it Move it Launch it
- Creative Arts, Dance & Drama
- Eco Camp
- Kinder Camp (Camp for 4 and 5 year olds!)
- Kinder Swim Lessons (Swim Lessons for 4 and 5 year olds!)
- Lego Stop Motion Animation
- Multi Sports
- Oopy Goopy
- Rock, Paper, Scissors (media arts)
- Visual Arts
- Swimming Lessons
New and Exciting Program
We have an exciting opportunity available to residents living in the following communities: North St. Jamestown, Regent Park, West Don Lands, St. Lawrence & the Esplanade! (Address will be verified at the time of registration) Here are some details:
- Program: Sidewalk Toronto Summer Kids Camp
- Available dates: July 10th to 14th, July 17th to 21st, & July 24th – 28th
- Ages: 9-12 (As of December 31, 2018) Children born between 2006 to 2009 are eligible for this program.
- Cost: $0, FREE !
- Description: This program — offered in partnership with Sidewalk Toronto — is designed for campers interested in learning how cities work and grow. Campers will have the opportunity to learn, play and explore as they develop and communicate their own ideas for Toronto’s waterfront, as well as swim twice a week at Cooper Koo! This program is part of Sidewalk Toronto’s public participation plan and is intended to ensure that children’s voices are also part of the planning process that will shape Quayside, a new neighbourhood on the waterfront. The program is available at no cost for those families with Campers 9-12 years old living in North St. Jamestown, Regent Park, West Don Lands, St. Lawrence & the Esplanade. Due to anticipated demand, the spots will be allocated by lottery and parents will be notified only if their camper was randomly selected on April 9th 2018. Parents will also be invited to a special summer BBQ to share their ideas for waterfront development.
Here's how to register:
- Spots for this program will be allocated by lottery.
- Families will need to call the YMCA Camp registration line at 647-439-6611 or 1-877-303-2267 (Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 6:00PM)
- Lottery registration opens on March 5th 2018 and closes on May 4th 2018 at 6:00PM
- Families will need to provide their home address for YMCA staff to verify if they are eligible for the program. (Only families living in the areas indicated on this map are able to register)
- Applicants will need to indicate their first, second and third choice for the weeks available
- Lottery results will be sent by email on April 9th 2018. Once applicants receive their lottery results, they will have until April 23rd, 2018 to call in an complete registration for their desired program.
- If any applicants did not get into one of their program choices they will be waitlisted for the weeks selected during the lottery process. If a spot becomes available the family will be contacted by email
Health & Fitness Membership Categories and Pricingread more
Health & Fitness Membership Categories and Pricing
Our membership types and fees are designed to cater to all budgets and schedules.* To join today, simply bring valid photo ID and pre-authorized payment (a void cheque or credit card information) to the membership desk. Our team can help you determine which of the following categories best suits your needs:
Please note that the above rates are for members participating at the Cooper Koo Y exclusively, and are not valid at any other YMCA Health and Fitness Centre. If you'd like access to all 9 YMCA Health and Fitness centres in the GTA, you can still sign up at the Cooper Koo YMCA, but your membership rates will be as follows:
*Conditions apply. Speak with a staff member for details.read less
|Sunday, April 29||
Celebrate Healthy Kids Day at the Yread more
Special offer for new personal training clientsread more
|Ongoing volunteer opportunities||
Join our team!read more
Join our team!
Volunteering at the Y means investing in your community's health, sharing your knowledge and expertise, and gaining the opportunity to learn new skills through ongoing training. We always have plenty of opportunities for people looking to join our team:
Visit our website to learn more!read less
|Wednesdays, 9:00 - 10:00 pm||
FREE Water Poloread more
FREE Water Polo
Join us every Wednesday for a Water Polo session from 9:00 - 10:00 pm, where we'll learn new skills, drills, and end with a scrimmage. This program is FREE for members, and runs on a drop-in basis: simply sign up at the membership desk 30 minutes before class starts. No experience needed: adults of all fitness levels and abilities are welcome.
Want your kids to join in the fun? We've got Water Polo for kids age 8-12 every Sunday from 2:00 - 2:45 pm. Sign your children up at the membership desk today!read less
|Sundays, 12:00 - 3:30||
Join our Youth Leadership Development Program!read more
Join our Youth Leadership Development Program!
The YMCA's Youth Leadership Development Program helps youth build confidence and connections. Every Sunday from 12:00 - 3:30 pm, youth ages 11 - 18 gather at the Cooper Koo YMCA to take part in:
Our youth leaders gain their community service hours, education and employment opportunities, new friends and role models, and a chance to stay active while trying new things. Participation is completely free; no YMCA membership required.
Contact Jenna.Fearnley@ymcagta.org for answers to your questions and details on how to sign up.read less
|Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00 pm||
Small Group Trainingread more
Small Group Training
Get a personalized workout program from a fitness professional at an affordable rate by training with a small group of like-minded others. You’ll get close attention from an exercise expert and a routine that caters to your unique goals, but you’ll also get to spend quality time with your partner or a whole group of friends. Your trainer can teach you about functional fitness, TRX, the Queenax and more.
How it works: