Bringing programs and services to an underserved Scarborough neighbourhood.
This new 60,000 sq. ft YMCA will be part of the Bridletowne Neighbourhood Centre, which is a partnership between the YMCA of Greater Toronto, United Way Toronto, The Scarborough Hospital and Agincourt Community Services Association, in collaboration with local and community agencies and residents.
Snapshot of the neighbourhood:
- 30.2% higher proportion of visible minorities
- 51.1% physically inactive individuals
- 26.5% individuals without a high school certificate
- More than 65% of area residents are newcomers
- High rate of chronic conditions
- Of the population over 12 years old, 15.5% have high blood pressure, 5.3% diabetes, and 7.9% heart disease
- Read all about our plans in Scarborough, and the GTA in the Toronto Star.